Several recent publications as The New York Times or El Mundo.es, have collected a list of the ugliest buildings in the world , chosen by users of a popular travel website. Many buildings are renowned for their beauty and have become a city icon, however, there are other buildings that stand out for their utilitarian component and maybe a few years ago could seem modern and even beautiful, but with the passage of time have become a real mess of concrete.
1. The building chosen as the ugliest in the world has been the J. Edgar Hoover Building, FBI headquarters in Washington (United States). It was built in 1970.
2. Without leaving the United States, the second is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland (Ohio). The funny thing is that neither the architect who designed it was happy with it.
3. In Toronto, Canada, we find the Sharp Centre for Design. Loved by many and hated by many others, it is an innovative construction with a huge roof supported by crayons.
4. In the famous Shibuya district in Tokyo is located the Aoyama Technical College, which seems to be a monument to a new reality immersed in chaos.
5. Returning to America, in San Diego, there is the Geisel Library at the University of California, with a very particular architecture we can categorize like brutalist.
6. We can find the huge Chang Building, better known as the Elephant Tower, in Bangkok, Thailand‘s capital.
7. The amazing Epi Apartments in Seattle, reminiscent of the sea and summer, although on their website they are advertised as the “The building of the center of the center of the universe”
8. The Fifth Avenue in New York is not far off the list. At the number 725 is located the Trump Tower, a building made in the 80′s, which has been described as boring and striking. Nevertheless, it remains one of the most visited buildings in the Big Apple.
9. It highlights on a street in Melbourne, Australia. It is the Pixel building, too colorful for the surrounding environment.
10. Finally, the Royal National Theatre in London is criticized for its sobriety and simplicity, but its interior holds true art.
And for you … What is the world’s ugliest building? Have you ever noticed that some construction has drawn your attention and not just for their beauty?
Tags: architecture, buildings, ugly buildings