A mosque is a place of worship for followers of Islam. The mosque serves as a place where Muslims can come together for salat (prayer) as well as a center for information, education, and dispute settlement. The Imam leads the prayer.
Large mosques play sometime a political role as well. In Islamic countries like Pakistan, Iran and Iraq, political subjects are preached by imams at Friday congregations on a regular basis.
Mosques originated on the Arabian Peninsula, but now, are found in all inhabited continents. Some of them are ancient, some are modern but all exhibit the continuatiob of pre-Islamic Architecture of palaces built during the dynasties of Persia.
Designerterminal have made a selection of the 70 most beautiful mosques in the world of which we have chosen some of them to show you its magnificent beauty.
1. Great Mosque of Damascus, Damascus, Syria
2. Blue Mosque, Istanbul, Turkey
3. Jusup Mashkhur Mosque, Pavlodar, Kazakhstan
4. Crystal Mosque, Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia
5. Lala-Tulpan Mosque, Ufa, Russia
6. Hassan II Mosque, Casablanca, Morocco
7. Al-Bukhary Mosque, Alor Setar, Malaysia
8. Masjid Dian Al-Mahri, West Java, Indonesia
9. Federal Territory Mosque, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
10. Jumeirah Mosquee, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Tags: casablanca, damascus, dubai, home, indonesia, istanbul, kualalumpur, malaysia, morocco, mosque, p1086, p2281, p2288, p26177, p26199, p2827, p327758, p327761, p3592, syria, turkey